Woman says she had to wait for ER to open as husband had seizure

By
1 Min Read
- Advertisement -
Ad image

A Prince Rupert woman says emergency room closures plaguing the British Columbia port city forced her to make an ā€œimpossibleā€ choice when her husband had a severe epilepticĀ seizure early Monday morning.

Tish Losier says she awoke around 6 a.m. to her husband, Joe Budniksy, shaking in bed and called 911. Budnisky was diagnosed with epilepsy last year and takes medication for it daily.

But when the ambulance arrived, Losier says paramedics advised her it would be faster to wait for the Prince Rupert Regional Hospital’s emergency department to open at 8 a.m. rather than make the 140-kilometre drive to the nearest open

Share This Article
Follow:
WNews is a digital and print newsroom committed to investigative, balanced, and honest journalism. Our team covers breaking news, politics, global affairs, community stories, and in-depth investigations across Canada, the United States, and around the world. From frontline reporting to long-form analysis, WNews delivers coverage that prioritizes truth, accuracy, and transparency. Our mission is simple: bring news back to news and restore trust in a time when it matters most. Follow our latest reports at W.News and across all WNews platforms.
- Advertisement -
Ad image
Leave a Comment
Report a Error with this Story

Notice a error or facts with this story, please submit the information below and someone from our newsroom will review it and change if requiredĀ 

Reading: Woman says she had to wait for ER to open as husband had seizure

(C) 2012 – 2024 Ā | WNews Broadcasting Corp, a W-World Company | All Rights Reserved

Connect
with Us